Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Funday 10-27-13

Another week, another Sunday Funday!

1. I'm almost finished with Weeds on Netflix...the show went crazy for a few seasons in the middle but I'm liking where it's ending up.  Any suggestions on new series to start?

2.  Ohio State defeated Penn State and did an amazing half time show you have to watch.  It's Movie Classics and features Superman holding up a building, a dinosaur from Jurassic Park eating someone, and other really awesome things.  Seriously, go check it out.

3.  I've made bread for the third time in three weeks and I'm really loving it! It fills the whole house with that warm, bready smell.  The bread itself tastes so much better than store bought.  And it's cheaper than buying it.  I'll definitely dedicate a post to it sometime soon.

4.  On Friday, we had friends over our house carve pumpkins and I scored on pumpkin seeds - 13 cups!  A big thanks to my friend Mollie for helping me sort through all the pumpkin goo to get all those tasty seeds, I'll definitely give you a container full for your effort.

5.  The husband and I did a late celebration of our anniversary (three years already!) on Saturday and saw Swan Lake at the Aronoff.  The performance was amazing....every time I see a ballet I wish I could dance on pointe, so pretty!  But then I remember that I can't find a beat and don't have enough coordination, lol.

Here are some of the awesome recipes I bookmarked this week:

1. Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Bars by Half Baked Harvest
I love the combination of oats and chocolate.  We can almost pretend its healthy, almost.  Enough for me.  And I love cookie bars, all the deliciousness of a cookie and the ease of a bar.  Awesome.

2. Double Vanilla Sugar Cookies by Baking Bites.
I was browsing around the web for a vanilla cookie recipe that really highlights the vanilla flavor.  I want to compare the two varieties of vanilla I made: Madagascar versus Tahitian. This recipe really seems like it will really let the vanilla flavor shine, and I can't wait to try it out.

3. Chewy Butterfinger Cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction.
Chewy cookies that have just a few common ingredients that come together in 15 minutes?? YES! And they're loaded with Butterfingers, so they are a great way to use up Halloween candy.  I bet they'd also be good substituted with any other candy bar like Snickers, Milky Way, Reeses...

Have a fantastic week!

Woops, a scarf!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment