Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Funday 10-20-13

Another week has flown by! October is more than halfway over, Halloween is right around the corner, and soon it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas...whoa, I don't think I'm ready for all that, yet.

1.  Happy birthday to my brother, Michael!

2.  I made white bread again this weekend - this time I made a regular loaf of bread and I made one pepperoni roll.  I decreased the amount of sugar called for in the recipe from 2/3 cup to 1/4 cup and definitely like the flavor better.  The higher amount of sugar would be great for making sweet rolls or cinnamon bread.

3.  The Ohio State Buckeyes were victorious over Iowa.  Although the defense wasn't that great and we didn't really show up to play until the second half, it was still a good game.  Next week, bring on Penn State!

4.  My friend Courtney sells amazing resources for elementary and intervention in her Teachers Pay Teachers store and she has really inspired me to start selling some of my own materials as well.  So far, I've made a few games for articulation - specifically two vocalic /r/ games and one game for /s/ blend sounds ("st").  You can check out my store here.


5.  This week should be a fairly busy one for me - lots of baking, visiting a friend with a new baby, working out, and high school football/cheerleading.  We're also having friends over this coming weekend to carve pumpkins but I've got to tell you I'm way more excited to pilfer everyone's seeds to roast.

Bookmarks:

1. Puppy Chow Popcorn from People Magazine.
All the peanut buttery and chocolatey goodness of traditional puppy chow carried via popcorn instead of Chex cereal.  Genius.

2. Toasted Marshmallow Cookie Bars by Annie's Eats.
Home made marshmallows get toasted and folded into sugar cookie dough, pressed into a bar, and baked.  I love home made marshmallows and this seems like such a great way to utilize any leftovers.  Although I'm sure marshmallows from a bag would make an equally delicious treat.

3. Copycat Cane's Sauce by Domestic Superhero.
Aka: Zax Sauce.  There's this chicken finger place right off Ohio State's campus right on High Street called Raising Cane's.  This place only sells chicken fingers.  Of course you get side items, like slaw, texas toast, and fries, but chicken fingers is it.  They are so good, and they are served with this incredible sauce, "Cane's Sauce."  It's so good you dip everything into it: chicken, bread, fries, everything.  You can even buy a whole cup of it to take home (and dip with pizza, hot ham and cheese sandwiches, phillies, wings, etc).  The husband is so excited we found a recipe for this beloved sauce.

Have an incredible week!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment