Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Funday 11-10-11

If you've visited SYHO lately, you might have noticed a slight lack in posting, and I am so so sorry.  Last week I was sick and pretty lame and didn't do any baking or anything fun besides sleep and catch up on shows on Netflix.  And this past week I didn't do much baking either, instead working on projects for school and my Teachers Pay Teachers page.  So enough excuses, here is this weeks Sunday Funday:

1.  Despite not baking a whole lot, I did try to make carmelita cups - an oat-based dough pressed into a mini muffin pan and filled with a Rolo.  It turned out ok, but totally not worth it's own blog post yet.  My hubby did love them though, so that's a bonus.  Once I do some refining and am happy with them I'll definitely post about them.

2. We ordered new furniture around Labor Day and it finally arrived yesterday.  I feel like such a grown up with brand new matching furniture.  Such a step up from the handed down couch and mismatched recliners we had.  Now on to decorating!

3.  I got a new cookbook from the library and it quickly made its way onto my Christmas list.  The Cookie Dough Lovers Cookbook.  Every recipe contains eggless cookie dough so it's safe to consume.  And not just chocolate chip cookie dough, but sugar cookie dough, peanut butter, gingerbread, and chocolate!  Sugar cookies topped with cookie dough frosting? YES! Chocolate chip cookie dough rice krispy treats? YES! And so much more.  Totally worth checking out.

4. We celebrated Halloween last weekend at a party at our friends house Saturday night.  I dressed up as a Sim (like from the video game) which was super easy: I made an origami plumbob and fixed it to a headband and wore it with my regular clothes.  All about warm and cheap.

5.  High school football season is officially over for my school - we weren't that great and didn't make it into playoffs.  Now I can start focusing on planning prom and spring season for Girls on the Run!

Bookmarks
1. Triple Banana Double Caramel Mini Cupcakes by Baking Obsession.
These are banana cupcakes filled with a banana caramel sauce and topped with caramel cream cheese frosting.  Need I say more?  And they're mini, which makes them a perfect treat for school!

2. Chocolate Peppermint Roll by Bakers Royale.
Get in gear for holiday baking, because this cake roll just screams Christmas.  It's a chocolate cake rolled with a peppermint buttercream and topped with chocolate ganache.  This is at the top of my list for things to bake for school this holiday season.

3. Cider Bourbon Apple Pie with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble by How Sweet It Is.
This is the pie I am bringing to Thanksgiving.  Once hubby saw that this recipe contained bourbon, he was an easy sell.  I'm always looking for unique twists on classic recipes and this seems like a tasty winner.

Have a great week!
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d5/95/82/d595827a3e6c065bff478481476a8969.jpg
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment