So here's the first Sunday Funday post // 8-25-13
On My Mind:
1. School started this past week, I've officially rejoined the working world in my third year as a speech-language pathologist. I love my job and I'm excited to see what the year ahead holds. However, I don't like waking up before 9, so 6:30 comes far to early. I'm trying to get a hair/make up routine to 7 minutes, but so far I'm still clocking in at 10 minutes. Last year I hardly wore make up to school, so this year I'm making more of an effort to be put together.
2. SYHO is on Pinterest. You can follow me here. You'll see recipes posted from here and from around the internet. You might also catch an occasional speech therapy resource, something house or baby related (no, I don't have kids, nor am I pregz), or humorous images.
3. The Hubbo and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary on Wednesday, and we've been together now for 7 1/2 years. - since I was a college freshman at Ohio State. For each anniversary, we get each other small gifts, then go out and do something nice together, like dinner at a really nice restaurant followed by a night at the ballet. This year, I got some gourmet, high quality chocolate like Scharffenberger and Lindt from Jungle Jims. Hubbo got some craft beers and a bottle of ginger syrup as a nod to his summer spent in Poland where beer was commonly splashed with ginger syrup.
4. Pineapples seem to finally be in season. All summer long I scope out the selection of pineapples in the produce department and for the longest time I could not find any worth spending money on. That finally changed this week and I think I ate a whole pineapple in 3 days. The key to selecting a good pineapple is by smelling the fruit where the stem attaches - it should be sweet and fragrant.
1. Crispy Ravioli by Once Upon a Plate. With fall and football season right around the corner, I'm sure we will have friends over to watch the Buckeyes dominate the Big 10 or head out to friend's houses for other autumn occasions, and these treats seem like an easy and tasty twist on a favorite.
2. Butterfinger Cupcakes by Make Bake Celebrate. I'm all about Butterfingers. I love the how the chocolate melts into an almost toffee like peanut butter middle that just sticks to your teeth and makes your dentist hate you. Now in a cupcake format, I'm sold.
3. Smore's Dipped Strawberries by Craft Quickies. With Fall quickly approaching, I know I will be into lots of smore related things. I've been known to sit by a campfire on a Friday night with friends and say "I want to eat so many smores that I throw up like I've been drinking" (not that you should do either....ya know, drink or smore irresponsibly). But but add strawberries, and suddenly it's healthy, right? Right.
Things I love:
1. My double oven. Now I can cook multiple batches of cookies, make dinner and a side, etc, all at the same time. And even better, they heat true to their settings.
2. My new ice cream maker and the book Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream at Home.
3. The autobiography The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort. The movie version is coming to theaters this November and the cast includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey, and Jonah Hill, to name a few so you know it's gonna be great
4. Netflix and Hulu Plus. Since moving into our new house, we cut cable. Except that I still enjoy watching tv and having it present as background noise. What do you like better?
5. This sock bun maker. It works so much better than a cut up sock and it really helps pull off a polished look with minimal time. My hair is really long and I've had a hard time rolling my hair in the bun. I solved this problem by only pulling my hair halfway through the donut (so its looped at the end), splitting the top in two, and rolling down. I've had to play with exactly how much hair to double, but I can usually get a good roll on the first or second try.
Have a great week everyone! Don't forget to follow SYHO or subscribe to my posts through email (at the bottom of the page)!
Just some humor for ya :)