Wednesday, June 5, 2013

This time last year: May 2012

One year ago, I posted these tasty recipes:

 
If you bake a lot, making your own vanilla extract is the way to go.  It's way cheaper, ridiculously easy, and has such an amazing flavor.  Buy your vanilla beans online from a supplier, like Vanilla Products USA (through Amazon for free shipping) or Beanilla.

This picture kinda makes me cringe, I feel like I've definitely come a long way in photo taking and editing.  I still have a lot to learn, but whoa.   These bars are super tasty if you love Almond Joy Bars.  They can be easily adapted to be Mounds bars by leaving out the almonds in the recipe.  The cookie crust is the perfect vehicle for the ooey gooey coconut, and the chocolate ganache on top pulls all the flavors together.

This is made from 2 box cake mixes, but I'm sure it could be done with delicious home made cakes instead.  The technique for creating the stripes in the cake was really easy and I love the effect it creates.  I also love the hot pink icing.

Ok so I know it's not May any more, and I should've posted this last month, but the idea didn't strike until it was already June, so.....tough.  I'll be sure to post last June's recipes before I leave on vacation in 8 days.


Ok, so this is just funny....I saw it on Pinterest, and apparently it first came from the Ellen Show.  Every time I say/type "home made" I think of this now.  Awesome.
b*tch did what?

Happy Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment