Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome! My name is Erica and I love to bake.  I bake for my family, friends, and coworkers.  Pretty much anyone willing to be a guinea pig for the recipes I stumble upon from various blogs or Pinterest.  I am 25 years old and I work as a speech-language pathologist in a small, urban school.  

This summer will be my first summer sans work or school since I was 16.  I am so excited!  My husband Kenny and I bought rec pool passes and amusement park passes for the summer.  He's a teacher so he's off for the summer, too!  With all the free time I anticipate having, I thought it might be fun to try my hand at blogging and post for others my realistic attempts at baking and photography.  Have you heard of Bakerella (www.bakerella.com)? She's awesome.  Everything she makes is gorgeous and her photography skills are phenom.  Mine are not, but I'd like to think that I achieve what the majority of the population would create in their homes.  So hopefully that makes me relatable.  I hope you enjoy the recipes I post (I will always give credit to original authors), the stories I might share, and the pictures I attempt to make look artsy using a 7 year old Canon PowerShot.  My first post will be on homemade vanilla extract.  Following that I plan to share the Almond Joy Cookie Bars I shared today in my Special Education Team meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment