Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Funday 11-24-13

So I've gone another 2 weeks skipping Sunday Funday...but I have a great excuse this time: last weekend the husband and I spent the weekend in Cleveland and didn't get in until late Sunday night because of the storms that tore through the Midwest which made driving terrible.

1.  So while in Cleveland, I got to go to one of my best friends baby shower!! She is the first one from that group of friends to get preggo and I'm so excited for her! I'm even more excited to meet her little guy next month when we go back to Cleveland for Christmas.

2.  It was a great football weekend! Not only did my home town high school team win their state quarter finals game to advance in the playoffs, but Ohio State beat Indiana.  Can I get an O-H!?!

3.  I'm pretty excited to see November come to an end.  Work-wise at least.  This month I had 6 evaluation reports (5 were for new kids) and 6 IEPs which is a lot in one month for my little district.  It's only going to get busier throughout the winter, but at least those are now out of the way.  Now just a quick 2 day week before some time off with family for Thanksgiving.

4.  This past Friday we had friends over to play Tripoly.  Tripoly is a card game that is a hybrid of poker, hearts, and rummy, with a little bit of gambling thrown in the mix.  It seems a bit confusing, but once you get playing it's not hard at all.  It's great for a group and is/was a holiday tradition for both my family and my husbands.

5.  So I've been hard at work for my Teachers Pay Teachers store working on some new products.  This week I uploaded a general Winter/Christmas activity that is completely customizable to whatever skill is being targeted.  Now I'm working on some middle school resources and a few new book companions and am excited to get them posted.

Bookmarks:
1. Salted Caramel Stuffed Fudge Crinkle Cookies by Cooking Classy.
Every Christmas, I whip together a batch of fudge crinkle cookies.  They're a bit of a cheater cookie though because they use a cake mix.  But these caramel stuffed crinkle cookies are the real deal.  A completely homemade cookie filled with caramel might be the update my holiday cookie plate is looking for.

2.  Rum-Vanilla Cream Pie by Daily Delicious.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner I'm looking for a "nontraditional" Thanksgiving pie to bring to my in-laws and this one seemed to fit the bill without going to far off the mark.  A flaky crust is filled with a rum spiked vanilla custard and topped with whipped cream.  Imagine serving that alongside a piece of creamy pumpkin pie!

3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups by How Sweet It Is.
These look like a treat in The Cookie Dough Lovers Cookbook that I've been swooning over lately but complete with beautiful step-by-step pictures.  I'm thinking these might also make it on my Christmas baking list - it'd be nice to include something small and non-cookie-ish.

Have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment